To qualify for the HOV 2+ discount, you first must:
Get in the know:
- Learn how to set up your Drive On TEXpress account, with easy step-by-step instructions on downloading the app, registering your account and adding your vehicle information.
- To watch the 'Drive On TEXpress Account Set-Up Guide' tutorial video, click here.
- Drive On TEXpress mobile app users can also learn about app feature including how to activate or cancel your HOV status, accessing promotional discounts, changing vehicle info, and much more.
- To watch the 'Drive On TEXpress Features & Tips' tutorial video, click here.
Getting the HOV Discount
To receive the HOV 2+ discount:
- There must be at least two people in the vehicle, such as a driver and a passenger (motorcycles do not require a rider).
- Your TollTag, TxTag or EZ TAG account must be valid and cannot fall into a negative balance.
- Your TollTag, TxTag or EZ TAG must be properly mounted on your vehicle's windshield—including motorcycles—for our scanners to read them.
If your account is not valid:
- Your TEXpress Lanes use will automatically be converted to ZipCash billing.
- You will be invoiced via mail at the higher ZipCash rate (approximately 50% higher than the base toll rate).
Activating the HOV Discount
- You will need to activate your HOV status for the desired HOV periods via www.DriveOnTEXpress.com or the mobile app before entering the TEXpress Lanes, otherwise you will be charged the price posted for single occupancy drivers.
- Use the instant HOV or convenient voice activation (app only) features at least 15 minutes before using the TEXpress Lanes.
- Schedule your HOV activation(s) for up to 7 days in advance.
HOV Discount Exemption Times & Dates
HOV discounts are not available during non-rush hour weekday periods or on the weekends.